To be an effective public speaker takes practice and persistence along these lines:
- Knowing your interests and developing your knowledge such that you can commit to a speech topic.
- Relying not only on personal experience or opinion, but also on information from authoritative sources.
- Organizing and crafting your expressions in a way that makes your message clear and interesting to your audience.
- Delivering your speech in a confident, conversational fashion.
- Constructively responding to audience feedback.