Marketing and Communications Intern/Coordinator Job Brief
We are looking for a creative and self-motivated marketing and communications intern to assist us in creating visually enticing marketing campaigns and content. You will work on a variety of projects, including marketing promotions, websites, social media and one-off client requests. In addition to being an excellent communicator you should have great multitasking and organizational abilities.
Interns will work with the marketing team to support the creation of promotional materials and implementation of digital marketing and content strategy. Daily responsibilities include:
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Develop promotional materials for programs, including flyers, posters, and brochures
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, designers, stylists, executives, etc.
- Contribute to the creation of blog content, digital marketing campaigns, and social media graphics
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing material and digital content
- Monitor inboxes and reply to questions, concerns, and feedback
- Assist in planning and organizing tradeshows
The internship is best suited for college students or recent college graduates who have completed coursework in marketing, communications or related fields or have acquired skills/experience in these areas through personal or professional endeavors.
Skills, Training or Qualifications:
Ideal candidates will have experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator, etc.) and demonstrate enthusiasm and an interest in helping Morrison Healthcare.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a passion for marketing
- Outstanding multitasking abilities
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
Benefits Available to Intern:
Students and recent graduates are offered an excellent opportunity to:
• Build their resumes and work history
• Apply skills, knowledge and talent acquired in an academic setting to the workplace
• Fulfill college/university internship requirements
• Network with professionals in their fields of interest
As an intern, you will be working closely with Compass Group leaders developing skills and competencies to be successful in the hospitality and service industry. You will gain valuable experience in the following areas: operations, marketing, administration, guest services, problem solving, planning and implementation of innovative projects, and client relationship skills. This internship involves hands-on experiences which will provide opportunities for your personal success and development.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university or technical program to receive credit or hands on experience
- Learn, observe and practice a variety of experiences in our industry.
- Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detailed oriented
- Project management
- Self-directed, proactive and curious
- Flexible and adaptable
- Interest in the hospitality and service industry
- Attitude of a leader
- Enjoy building relationships
- This position is paid, but not eligible for benefits such as medical, relocation, or housing.