Title: Community Relations Intern
Program or Department: Development
Internship Description: Student will collaborate with staff to design and execute the agency development strategy.
- Conceptualize and develop new projects that are consistent with our branding
- Create promotional materials
- Ability to work with others on event planning and execution
- Ability to collaborate with various programs within an agency to promote their mission
About Harmony: Over the past 23 years, Harmony Family Center has helped children we serve live their best lives. We are a leader in trauma-responsive services and training. Today our team of experts, innovative programs, and evidence-based solutions uniquely position us to serve children and families experiencing the challenges, stressors, and trauma of modern life ranging from the most common to the most complex.
Roles and Responsibilities: The duties of this role are inclusive of, but not limited to the following:
- Keep branding and messaging consistent
- Help create promotional materials
- Collaborate with staff
- Help plan and execute numerous existing events and conferences
- Work with team to create campaigns to support events
- Other duties as required
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Commitment to continuous improvement, personal growth, and helping others
- Responsible, diligent, and conscientious
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Possesses creativity, the ability to work as a team, and the ability to work under pressure
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or a related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Willing to work around animals
Compensation and Schedule: Internships are unpaid. Regular office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm; some nights and weekends will be required. This position offers 2 – 3 days per week. Working hours are negotiable.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and internship application to Emilee Headrick, Strategic Planning and Evaluation Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, also submit a sample of a creative project or event you have taken part in. Include ‘Internship Application’ in the subject line.