East TN Wellness Directory
Marketing Communications and Content Strategy Internship
East Tennessee Wellness Directory has a new opportunity for a semester-long internship position – with the option to be ongoing through 2021. Our Marketing Communications and Content Strategy intern can expect to gain experience in communications, marketing strategy, and campaign design for an online business through hands-on work with social media, website, and newsletter content creation, marketing strategy development, and implementation.
East Tennessee Wellness Directory (ETWD) (www.etwellnessdirectory.com) is an online health & wellness directory dedicated to supporting holistic and alternative healthcare practitioners and businesses, increasing accessibility to holistic healthcare in East Tennessee, and educating the East Tennessee community about the holistic approach to health. We believe that through community, outreach and education – we will see more people empowered to take control of their health.
We pursue our vision for self-care is healthcare, through curating networking events, reaching out to holistic practitioners and businesses to join the directory and developing opportunities for community connection. Our work focuses on connecting with holistic practitioners that are often overlooked or overwhelmed by marketing and technology, but aspire to be leaders in their communities. Founded in 2019, we have entered the market just as demand for online services has skyrocketed and the opportunity is ripe to expand this startup.
Candidates for this role should be full of innovative ideas and eager to contribute in growing ETWD’s reach. The Marketing Communications and Content Strategy internship position is designed for students in marketing, business, communications, and/or design to apply their passion and experience to become knowledgeable and involved in the holistic health industry. This internship provides a unique opportunity to hone your expertise in the area of health & wellness, develop creative marketing campaigns, and contribute ideas in a start-up setting.
• Location: Knoxville, TN (but can work remotely)
• Availability: Immediately
• Duration: One semester with the option to continue into 2021
• Hours: 10 hours/week (able to work around schedules)
• Majors: Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Design, or related majors
• Education Level: Currently enrolled in a related bachelor program
• Credit: Will work with intern to provide academic credit
Job Functions and Responsibilities
• Overall strategy and content for social media, monthly newsletter, promotions, and website blog
• Develop social media calendar to grow engagement and reach – including timeline, promotions, and topics
• Track success of postings and content for each social network – Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
• Curate topics and resources to include in monthly newsletter and track engagement
• Use Canva and MailChimp to create customized content using brand guidelines
• Work with Executive Director of East Tennessee Wellness Directory on expanding blog topics, website resources, and contributors
• Contribute your own ideas and implement your solutions as you see opportunities for improvement in how ETWD engages with its community
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to define and work to meet deadlines
• Must be a self-starter and willing to proactively contribute new ideas
• Strong attention to detail, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Creative mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
• Proficient in Google Suite, MailChimp, Canva, Scheduling Tools, and Microsoft Office – Wix is a plus but not required
• Submit the following document through email to the contact person listed below with the subject line “Application for Marketing Internship”:
• Current Resume
• Contact Information
Send Email To:
About East Tennessee Wellness Directory
Our mission is to improve the reach and grow opportunities for holistic healthcare practitioners and businesses. Help us empower our community! East Tennessee Wellness Directory was founded in 2019 by Nicole Fey. From a young age, Nicole suffered from debilitating chronic fatigue, allergies, gastrointestinal disorders, anxiety and depression and struggled to become self-empowered to take her health into her own hands. And empowered she became! Now at 54 years old, her health is vibrant, her body is strong and her immune system is functioning beautifully. Her passion is to educate her community on the importance of selfcare, stress reduction, and building strong body, mind and spirit through alternative and holistic healthcare.