Amy Donahue

As a two time alumna of the School of Communication Studies ‘09 and ‘11, I’m thrilled to takeover the CMST social media today! I’m Amy Donahue, and I had the privilege to spend six years in Knoxville and with the school completing both my undergraduate and master’s degrees. During my undergrad experience, I was the Communication Studies Club President for two years and helped plan the inaugural D.C. trip (more on that to come). As a graduate student, I worked for the department coordinating the internship for credit course along with teaching public speaking and working in a glorified closet without a door with another graduate student near the office kitchen. I am the Director of Marketing and Communication for River City Company in Chattanooga, Tenn. If you’ve ever been to Downtown Chattanooga, you’ve unknowingly seen my company’s work as we are the economic development nonprofit that was tasked with downtown revitalization efforts beginning in 1986. My company has worked on seminal projects in Chattanooga like the Tennessee Aquarium and Riverwalk. But, we also work in a variety of spaces like business recruitment, general marketing of downtown, placemaking, animation/events, urban planning and so much more. Essentially if Downtown Chattanooga is involved, so are we. Make sure to follow the CMST story feed today as I’ll share more of the projects I get to work on along with my general day to day activities.